Safe, Healing & Confidential
As a licensed Psychologist, I have a clinical expertise in helping individuals overcome tough challenges. If you are suffering from anxiety, sadness, disappointments, life changes, grief and loss, life transitions, health struggles, interpersonal struggles, chronic pain, complex health care issues, insomnia, or other significant life challenges, please know I am here to help. I work collaboratively to provide active self-care skills within a solution focused and safe environment. I utilize cognitive behavioral and mindfulness interventions to increase motivation, inspire new beginnings, and provide inspiration for change and renewed focus. You are not alone!
Dr. Terri Lechnyr, a Clinical Psychologist and Licensed Social Worker, specialization in Trauma and Health Psychology. She works with adolescents (ages 16+), adults, individuals and group therapy. Dr. Lechnyr specializes in clinical behavioral medicine psychology helping people manage complex heath care concerns and tough life transitions. She works with those suffering from anxiety, depression, grief and loss, interpersonal struggles, chronic intractable pain, insomnia, and fibromyalgia syndrome, among others. She also has a specialty of managing trauma symptoms and working with First Responders.
Dr. Lechnyr holds a Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in Psychology with extensive clinical experience since her first graduate clinical degree in 1999. She is licensed as a Psychologist in both Washington and Oregon in addition to holding a license as a clinical social worker in Oregon. Dr. Lechnyr has studied clinical social work and clinical/research psychology at Pacific Lutheran University, Capella University and Walla Walla University. She has also completed her post-doctoral Ph.D. training in Pain Management and Behavioral Medicine at the Willamette Medical Center in Eugene, Oregon where she worked with a multi-disciplinary chronic pain management team that included physicians, nurse practitioners, massage specialists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, clinical social workers, and psychologists. Her graduate research focused on how anxiety and depression impacted the outcome of spinal implant surgery for chronic intractable pain. She also enjoys the opportunity for collaboration with her patient’s physician and other health care providers for optimal outcomes.
Disclaimer: Testimonials were not solicited personally by Terri Lechnyr, Ph.D.. Reference: Betterhelp.com
- "Dr. Lechnyr is a great dutiful listener, who is always non-judgemental and puts your mind at ease. She helps vigilantly in aiding you to reach your goals, and is genuinely concerned and kind. She has helped me so far to become a better, more productive person and I really appreciate her as a result. She is very understanding and easy going, as well. I'd recommend her to anyone, looking for a non threatening, empathetic therapy experience, that focuses on, and helps you perpetuate your goals." — K.A., counseling with Terri for 2 months on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, lgbt, family, intimacy-related, sleeping, self esteem, anger, career, and bipolar
- "Dr. Lechnyr has been of wonderful compassionate service in helping me traverse a stressful era of my life. For me, I have love pulling me one direction and personal goals pulling me another direction. Compounded with a stressful situation between the two people I love the most in life with me right in the middle. Terri Lechnyr has been of help for both me and my girlfriend separately. My girlfriend also highly recommends Lechnyr. I highly recommend Dr Lechnyr!" — J.U. after counseling with Terri for 1 month on issues concerning relationship, and family
- "Dr. Lechnyr has been a HUGE support in my life!! I sincerely appreciate her openness. She's really easy to talk to!" — D.E. after counseling with Terri for 3 days on issues concerning stress, anxiety, lgbt, relationship, family, intimacy-related, sleeping, parenting, self esteem, and career
- "Dr. Lechnyr had helped me in many ways. She has been very supportive and is always there for me. She is very knowledgeable." — J.E. after counseling with Terri for 4 months on issues concerning stress, anxiety, relationship, intimacy-related, sleeping, self esteem, bipolar, and depression
- "Dr. Lechnyr has been a lifesaver. She is a good listener while being very analytical. She encourages interactive thinking, learning and understanding of whatever issues that arise. She is not just a therapist who is just doing her job, but rather a knowledgeable and very professional therapist. She is knowledgeable of many resources that are needed to explain the issues. She encourages active learning and I really like that. She doesn't lecture you, but helps you to find the right way." — E.L. after counseling with Terri for 4 weeks on issues concerning stress, anxiety, relationship, sleeping, self esteem, anger, and career
- "Dr. Lechnyr is great at what she does, the way she explains things is great and easy to understand. She takes steps slow so you can slowly ease into new ways in thinking and doing. I'm so happy I found her!" — Z.O. after counseling with Terri for 3 weeks on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, trauma and abuse, eating, sleeping, and self esteem
- "Dr. Lechnyr is a wonderful listener and gives insightful feedback. I felt a difference in a matter of a few interactions. It helped me to be able to write all of my thoughts and feelings down and have the correspondence with Dr. Lechnyr to refer back to like a journal. She's caring and knowledgeable in the field of Psychology and interpersonal communication." — D.R.
- "Dr. Lechnyr was a beacon of light during one of my darkest times. Having struggled with many major life events that lead to a downward spiral of mental health, she was able to give me tools and comforting guidance until I was able to find my footing once more. She's very responsive and checks in every few days if I'm not. She's truely a fantastic psychologist. I highly recommended her." — G.A. after counseling with Terri for 1 month on issues concerning stress, anxiety, relationship, grief, intimacy-related, sleeping, self esteem, and depression
- "Dr. Lechnyr has become my lifeline to a new outlook on life, full of hope and new possibilities! She is an amazing person. Her ability to help me see the positive from a negative is so refreshing! If someone is struggling, I recommend Dr. Lechnyr without hesitation. She's the best!" — M.A. after counseling with Terri for 3 weeks on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, intimacy-related, and sleeping
- "Dr. Lechnyr is great. She has some great ideas for how to move forward and is really helping me cope with my divorce. She responds to my messages promptly and with concern. She truly cares for her patients and knows exactly how to help them" — B.R. after counseling with Terri for 2 weeks on issues concerning depression, stress, anxiety, relationship, family, sleeping, and bipolar
- "I've got a lot of help from Dr. Lechnyr, I'm slowly improving on my anger management, but it's a process. She helps me figure out situations and plans that will prevent me from reacting to anger. She's a great counselor that I will benefit from." — H.A. after counseling with Terri for 3 weeks on issues concerning relationship, self esteem, and anger
- "Dr. Lechnyr has provided thought provoking and useful insight. I feel progress has come naturally, as if on a journey. The journey of self discovery and acceptance is such a gift!" — G.A. after counseling with Terri for 1 month on issues concerning stress, anxiety, self esteem, anger, career, and depression
- "Dr. Lechnyr has been a breath of fresh air! She has helped spark some hope into my life to help me not only understand my history and how it is playing out in my current reactions, but most importantly, what to DO about them and how to "train" my thoughts and reactions into proactive actions that move my life into a direction I want to go. In short, helping me to become the captain of my own ship rather than being tossed around by the winds of life. Dr. Lechnyr is kind, compassionate, professional, and incredibly knowledgeable. She helps you to become a student of yourself. Dr. Lechnyr is not only very knowledgeable in her profession but it is obvious that she loves it. I'm so happy to have found Dr. Lechnyr and look forward to finding and living the life I want and love." — A.L. after counseling with Terri for 2 weeks on issues concerning stress, anxiety, addictions, relationship, trauma and abuse, grief, intimacy-related, self esteem, and depression
- "Dr. L is wise and compassionate. I have only been a member of Betterhelp for a couple of weeks now, and she's already helped me to navigate my anxiety and depression." — M.I. after counseling with Terri for 2 weeks on issues concerning stress, anxiety, family, trauma and abuse, grief, self esteem, career, and depression
- "Dr. Lechnyr has been a huge blessing in my life. I was new to counseling a few weeks ago but now that I have settled into the way it works I wonder how I managed before. I am glad that I made the leap in this difficult transition period of my life. She is a great listener, uses upfront and logical language, and asks the right questions. I feel like I can be myself." — E.M. after counseling with Terri for 4 months on issues concerning stress, anxiety, addictions, relationship, self esteem, anger, career, and depression
- "Dr. Lechnyr is an amazing clinician. More than that, she's strong, compassionate and responsive. She takes the time to let me know that she's not only hearing me, but listening and provides excellent feedback and suggestions. I could not be happier with her." — J.E. after counseling with Terri for 3 weeks on issues concerning lgbt, and relationship
Disclaimer: Testimonials were not solicited personally by Terri Lechnyr, Ph.D.
- Taxonomy of Pain Patient Behavior: Perspectives on understanding motivations of patients exhibiting functional overlay and effectively dealing with the confounding behavioral aspects.
- Provider-Patient Interactions: Have you ever noticed that some people bring out the worst in you? Have you ever found yourself being defensive, reactive, tense, controlling, upset, confused, lost or felt incompetent or vulnerable?
- Pain Management Pitfalls: Psychological research on intense provider-client interactions yields insight into the doctor-chronic pain patient relationship and provides lessons in improving interactions.
- Helping Patients Understand the World of Pain Medicine: Patients need to better understand their health care providers’ concerns regarding alcohol, drugs and pain medications, as well as what is expected of them in their role as patients in order to maximize treatment outcomes.
- Mistakes Made by Chronic Pain Patients: A guide for chronic pain patients to help them avoid pitfalls and mistakes and become part of the team in helping to restore a better quality of life for themselves.
- Realistic Pacing of Pain Patients’ Activities: Recognizing and avoiding tendencies to rush,multi-task,or otherwise over-exert during relative lulls in pain helps reduce subsequent pain flare-ups and achieve a more comfortable and sustainable activity level.
- Surgical Implants for Pain Management: A follow-up study of patients who have undergone implant of a pain management device.
- Psychologists as Primary Care Providers: Psychologists are trained in advanced skills that intrinsically lend themselves to the management of chronic pain and complex health care problems.
- Psychological Wounds of Trauma and Motor Vehicle Accidents: Psychological wounds of trauma are a diagnosis that is not typically understood or considered when a patient has experienced physical trauma. Article highlights traumatic responding patterns and considerations for treatment.
- Psychological Dimension of Pain Management: A comprehensive approach to pain management must address the psychological dimension with special emphasis on the patient’s own unique psychological response to chronic pain.
- Provider-Patient Interactions: Understanding unconscious interpersonal defensive responses in a chronic pain practice to improve interactions.
- Pain Management Pitfalls: Psychological research on intense provider-client interactions yields insight into the doctor-chronic pain patient relationship.
- Pain Care Bill of Rights: As a person with pain, you have many rights.
The Lechnyr family has a long history of providing therapy and counseling services.
- Dr. Terri Lechnyr offers Telemedicine for those located in Oregon and Washington. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- David Lechnyr, LCSW, ACSW provides individual and couples counseling through his private practice in Eugene, Oregon.
- Dr. Ron Lechnyr is currently retired.